Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Another busy day in my life


Let's see.....

At about 1 AM this morning, I realized I was supposed to give a presentation about our business at 8:30 AM. I've known for weeks that I was going to have to do this, but in my usual fashion, I procrastinated once again. So I was left with the delima - go to bed and get up early to prepare the speech or stay up even later than I already had and get it done. I opted for getting up early (another procrastination, looking back). So I snuggled into bed with my honey, after having set the alarm for 5 AM.

5 AM comes and I roll over and hit the snooze... not even thinking about the morning's events. After many more rolls, I told my husband I thought I would bail on my speech this morning. He does what he usually does and encourages me to go ahead and get out of bed and get it taken care of. After all, it's for the betterment of our livelihood, right?

So, this time I roll over and place my feet firmly on the ground to get moving. I prepared my speech, got dressed and scrambled to get out the door on time.

The meeting went well, and my speech was well received. Thank God! I was given many compliments on it and told about how much more prepared I'd seemed this time than the last. Funny thing is, I'd prepared weeks in advance last time.

After the meeting, off to the bank. This time, no holiday and ID in hand. Paid the bill and headed back home.

Sr's in Richmond today at a class so things around the office were QUIET. Not much activity to speak of. Except.....

One of our guys has been MIA since yesterday afternoon. I'd tried to call him and text him multiple times, as had Sr. After calling around town for him, we finally found him. He'd left his phone somewhere and was surprised that we'd begun to worry. I guess its just my nature.

Picked Jr up from school and took him out for a treat or two. Its amazing sometimes how much he opens up and talks. Other times, he's a brooding teenaged boy and he barely speaks two words. Today, however, he seemed in good spirits and I revelled in it.

Jr had an appointment and while waiting, heard from my Dad. He's coming to town! It's always nice to get a big warm Daddy hug. Doesn't matter what's plaguing me, that always seems to heal it.... even if its just for a moment. I'll get to see him tomorrow and I can't wait.

Later in the evening I found out that one of my neices is having some issues. I pray for her. I remember what it was like to be 17 and feel like the world was crumbling around you. She'll make it through this.... that much I'm sure of. She's got loving parents and sisters who, I'm sure she'll find, are ready to catch her when she stumbles.

Now, it's dark in my house and I can hear the gentle hum of my son's fan. It really makes me reminisce about how things have changed over the past several years. He's growing into such an amazing person and I can't wait to be a part of the life he's only beginning to build. Sometimes I wish I could freeze time. Then he'd never grow taller than me, he'd continue to like being cuddled up on the couch and he'd always be my little man.

Blessings,

Laurie

No comments: