Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Taking her lead...

So my friend Shari came and visited a bit last week, as I mentioned in my previous blog. I had such a blast with her and her girls. Shari is my hero! Now that I'm working on being a domestic goddess like her, I'm trying to take it one step at a time. First step was to try to make bread from scratch using her Family Bread recipe.



I tried my hand at it yesterday for the first time. Let's just say that the first batch turned into bird food. I did something wrong and the bread is super dense. I'm not one to give up, so I'm going to try it again today. Stay tuned for the review.



My son made dinner last night. It was very good, I thought. Spaghetti isn't terribly difficult, but its a start for a 14 year old. He's always willing to help in the kitchen. When I asked him if he'd like to do it, he jumped at the chance. Sr came in about halfway through and helped him a bit while I fed the babies. I'm always thankful for a bit of peace.



This morning I was up and back to my daily activities much earlier than I would have liked. Lissa's gotten her clock messed up, I think. 4:30 Monday morning, 5:00 Tuesday morning, and 4:00 this morning. Hopefully she'll take a long nap so I can catch a wink or two as well. Who am I kidding?? I use that time to straighten the living room. Its about the only time that the room isn't cluttered with baby toys these days.



Today I'm hoping to accomplish several tasks.


  • Washing the bedding

  • Cleaning the master bath

  • Balancing the check book

  • Making a batch of Family Bread

  • If the weather clears a bit, take a walk with the babies

Again, keep an eye out for how much I actually accomplish. My thinking is that with my readers as my conscious, I'll have to stay on top of it.


Take care!

No comments: