Thursday, August 13, 2009

On the road again.....

Tomorrow after Jr gets out of school we'll be getting on the road and heading to NC again. 5 Hours in the car with 11 month old babies and a 14 year old can have its ups & downs, that's for certain!!! The good part is that Jr gets chatty and starts talking more than usual. The bad part is... its 5 hours in the car with 11 month old babies and a 14 year old. ;-)

This month we will celebrate the babies 1st birthday. Geez... I can't believe their going to be a year old. Where has the time gone? They've been with us now since December 12, 2008. I remember the first time I held each of them. Zack was so tiny and frail looking. He was skinny and seemed weak, but had the cutest little sideways grin. Lissa had a head full of hair and was clearly the stronger of the two. She started wrapping Sr around her finger from the very start. Once they came to live with us, they really began cementing their little feet into our hearts. At first, I was so tired that I could hardly enjoy being with them. Once I got used to going without sleep, I was able to take it all in. Now, Zack's got a grip like a strongman and Lissa's ready to take on the world... as long as I'm within her line of sight.

Jr has been in school nearly 2 weeks now. I still can't get over having a high schooler. He's having some of the same struggles we've had since 1st grade. The beginning of the school year always seems to be the hardest. I guess its just getting back into the swing of things and not having any free time on your hands. I have faith that he'll get on track and do what's expected of him... and do it well! Especially with Sr behind him nudging him along.

Sr's taking more classes for his designations. Sometimes I think its the classroom environment that he enjoys more than getting the designations. That man always wants to know MORE... part of the reason I love him, I suppose. I'm very proud of all he does for us!

I'm finally beginning to feel better. Whatever creepy crud I had this week has certainly taken its toll on me but we're on the road to recovery..... sniffle sniffle

Hope all is well with you.....

Keep moving in that direction!!!

No comments: