Tuesday, August 4, 2009

What can I say?? I'm honored!!!

Wow!! Thanks, Shari (Life Gets Messy)!

Reading her blog this morning and I find that she's been given an award for how AWE-SUMMM she is and she's passed that honor on to me (along with 6 of her other buds).

So here's how it works....

1. List seven things that make you Awe-summm.
2. Pass this on to seven bloggers you read religiously.
3. Tag those seven bloggers.

I'm going to go backwards (kind of like a count down to the most awe-summ-est).

7. I'm constantly reminded of how beautiful friendship can be. Being an army brat, it was hard to make and keep friends for any length of time as a child. Well, let me rephrase that, making them was easy, keeping them was difficult. Over the years, however, I've managed to make some amazing friends and keep those friendships. Sometimes I'll go a month, two months, a year without seeing or speaking to them. When we do have the chance to catch up, its like no time has passed and we can pick up right where we left off! You gotta love that!

6. Taking each day as a learning experience has been a challenge, but I think that's one of the things that makes the AWE factor even greater! I may not know it all, but it's sure fun figuring it all out.

5. Although I may complain, having my Mother-in-law here living with us is a great help. Its hard to have two women trying to run one household. We do it with relative ease and are getting better at it all the time (see #6).

4. I have two of the most amazing nieces! They are sweet, kind-hearted, funny and most of all... genuine. Each time I'm around them I can't help but smile and feel a warmth that only they can give me! Love you girls!!!

3. My sister has been my companion for over 30 years now. She's been there to listen to me laugh and to listen to me cry... sometimes even to laugh until I cry.

2. Growing up it was my parents, my sister and me. The best part is that even though we were all over the globe, we always had each other. In addition to that.... there was more family back home that always accepted us back with open arms and big hugs! We may have been miles apart, but we were always close.

1. Last but certainly not least... My husband and my family are the most amazing and AWE-SUMMM part of who I am. Sr reminds me on a daily basis how special I am to him. The feeling is mutual, of course. Jr reminds me to never give up on my dreams... as he was my dream come true. The newest additions to our family, the twins. They keep me on my toes and make little things come to life that I never thought I'd be able to experience.

Now for passing of the torch. As I don't have many blogs that I read each day, I'm going to put the 3 that I subscribe to. Perhaps I should explore more of them. No, I probably shouldn't as I waste too much time on the computer everyday anyway. Time Management is not one of my AWE-SUMMM qualities!

1. Shari (Life Gets Messy) http://www.lifegetsmessy.com/
2. Jamie (The Smith Family) http://mgjmsmith.blogspot.com/
3. Laurie (Starting Over) http://mommiesout.blogspot.com/

Thanks again, Shari! You know I love ya, girl!

No comments: